Artists or collectives residing in Braga, or whose elements are natural of Braga, who propose to develop original artistic contents in the fields of image, sound, performance, interactivity, music, dance or cross between the areas previously described.
What is intended:
• development of original artistic work in artistic residence format at the gnration during a period of 2 weeks;
• public presentation of the work in the context of the 2018 Noite Branca, in a performative format or installation/exhibition;
What is offered:
• place of work for a period of 2 weeks (1 August - 14 August / 16 August - 29 August)
• monetary support of 1500 euros per project (VAT included);
• technical and production support;
Number of projects to be supported:
What it takes to compete:
• description of the artistic proposal;
• technical and production requirements associated with it;
• biography and portfolio of authors;
• citizen ID card scanning;
• proof of residence in Braga (in case the tenderer is not a native of Braga);
• declaration of commitment to develop the project in the gnration facilities, in one of the tendering periods.
These requirements should be sent to email@example.com.
Stages and selection criteria:
• Stage 1
taking into account the artistic proposal, the technical feasibility and the adaptation to the strategic vision of the cultural programming of gnration;
• Stage 2
the choice of the 4 winners will be made by the artistic direction of gnration (3 projects) and via online voting open to the public (1 project).
Closing of applications: May 18
Finalists' placement to online voting: May 23
Winner Announcement: June 1
The Summer Labs program is an action promoted by the Bracara Augusta Foundation with the support of the Braga Municipal Council.