31 Oct. 2018
Artists with an EU passport can apply for a two-months residency within April and August 2019 (exact timing has to be negotiated with the host) at one of the following institutions.
• Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
• Οnassis Cultural Centre Athens, Greece
• Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
• FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology), Liverpool, England
• Impakt, Utrecht, the Netherlands
• KONTEJNER | biro suvremene umjetničke prakse, Zagreb, Croatia
• LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Guijón, Spain
• M-cult, Helsinki, Finland
• RIXC Center for New Media Culture, Riga, Latvia
• Centrum Sztuki WRO / WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
• Werkleitz Gesellschaft, Halle (Saale), Germany
EMARE includes a grant of 3.000,- Euros, project budget of 4.000,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution, consulting by production and market experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members’ festivals in 2019-2021. All selected artists will be invited for a networking kick-off conference 1st to 3rd of March in Utrecht in the Netherlands. Please save the date!
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio )-visual documentation and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme.
Undergraduate and Master’s students are not eligible, but emerging artists, regardless of age, are encouraged to apply. Artists groups are welcome if they are willing to share the conditions including the accommodation, grant and project budget. That also implies that there might be only one artist out of the group getting invited to the networking conference and group shows if there is not enough additional funding to cover the extra costs for the other participants of the group.
Artists with an EU passport can submit their proposals here: www.emare.eu/call.emare.eu
Please note that the call will close 3rd of December, 12:00 noon at Central European Time!